Course nr: #14: Tablets for classroom differentiation and inclusion
This 4-day intensive course has been designed for teachers & teacher educators in primary, secondary and vocational education who are – or are interested to start – using mobile devices (tablets, smartphones etc) for teaching and learning and want to learn more about tools and methodologies to address classroom differentiation and inclusion issues with the help of tablets.
N.B. Anyone welcome but subsidized access to the course (catering plus reimbursement for accomodation) is restricted to max. 15 participants (see course terms for more details)
On request. Pls contact us admin AT tellconsult.eu
This Bootcamp, organised by TABLIO project partner TELLConsult Training, aims to:
- familiarise participants with the TABLIO differentiation model
- develop teachers competences to analyse related mobile learning lesson plans and practice recordings
- develop participants’ skills involved in designing mlearning scenarios supporting classroom differentiation & inclusion
- raise participants’ awareness of available (assistive) technologies with a focus on inclusion
- further develop relevant teachers competences and confidence in using mobile devices in education
- familiarise delegates with strategies to promote sustainable implementation of mobile technologies in their schools
The course activities include short tutor-led presentations to introduce project results including differentiation strategies, models and design methods, demonstrations of exemplary learning practices and useful apps followed-up with discussions about pedagogical related topics.
Furthermore, hands-on activities carried out by participants individually, in pairs and/or small groups which include exploring apps, analyzing classroom practices and designing learning arrangements & related content to be used in participants’ personal school contexts.
To address the anticipated variety in participants’ interests and needs (in terms of tools, pedagogical approach, target groups and individual technology skills level) most course tasks are designed in such a way that they can lead to differentiated relevant learning experiences and outcomes.
To provide flexible access to course related tasks and resources a virtual learning environment (VLE) will be used. After-course access is offered to promote follow-up communication and collaborative learning when exchanging redesigned local practice experiences and materials.
A pre-course, online questionnaire will be provided to assess pre-knowledge and further align course content and procedures to needs and interests. Delegates are requested to bring subject book(s) and/or related digital materials (if available) to be used when creating customised materials and activities.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Relating participants’ tablet experiences and challenges as reported in the Intake Questionnaire to the Bootcamp programme
- PXL & Project introduction, Used methodologies (TDTs) and Available outputs:
- Website, Research, Differentiation, Design Framework, Concept Map, Good Practice (GP) collection
- TABLIO Differentiation Model explored & analysed on the basis of selected GP cases
- Introducing the design
- Introduction to design methodolgy (Addie)
- How to defining a design challenge
- Analysing Examples (challenge – realised results)
- Preparing for the school visits:
- Planning educational observation activities (tools, procedures and report planning (design principles differentiation)
- Grouping & Logistics
17.30 Review of the day
08.30 – 13.00 School visits
- Sharing observations school visits
- Designing scenarios for your personal context
- Discussing design questions (could include: sharing experiences with specific apps)
- Sharing draft scenario descriptions (blueprint)
- Finishing scenario descriptions + related content development
- Piloting & Sharing scenarios
- Reflecting on & Peer Assessing Materials
- Exploring (subject specific) apps for differentiation purposes
- Strategies and tools to support local strategies for sustainable implementation of mobile learning including: Teacher Design Teams development
- Models for evaluating Tablet use for innovative practices developed in related EU projects (SAMR, iPAC Framework, Deimp principles
- Suggestions for resources & strategies for further personal/collaborative professional development with a focus on assistive technologies to support inclusion
- Course evaluation
- Discuss possible interest for TABLIO supported follow-up activities (e.g. VLE for exchange of content & experiences and/or peer feedback of practices)
- Certificates and Event wrap-up.