Course Nr.: #5
Teachers responsible for language teaching in primary, secondary, vocational and adult education.
Date / Location
May 15 – 20
July 3 – 8
Oct. 16 – 21
This course aims to:
- further develop relevant teachers competences and confidence when using remote and blended approaches in language education
- developing / enhancing participants’ e-didactic repertoire involving
- competences to develop design based teaching and learning activities and related materials
- promoting teacher professionalism in evaluating and selecting available content, apps and tools
The general educational principles addressed in this course will include:
– demonstrations of useful applications, exemplary materials and teaching practices related to a variety of modern language learning curriculum components and related methodologies
-hands-on activities carried out by participants individually, in pairs and/or small groups include sharing practices, exploring tools, analyzing video clips and related lesson activities and creating content to be used in participants’ personal practice.
To address the anticipated variety in participants’ interests and needs (in terms of tools, pedagogical approach, target groups and individual technology skills level) most tasks are designed in such a way that they can lead to differentiated relevant learning experiences and outcomes.
To provide flexible access to course related tasks and resources a virtual learning environment (VLE) will be used.
After course access is offered to promote follow-up communication and collaborative learning when exchanging experiences with redesigned local practice samples.
A pre-course, online questionnaire could be provided to assess pre-knowledge and further align course content and procedures to needs and interests.
Day-to-Day Course Topics
• Meet & Greet / Introductions
• Cultural Event
• Course overview / Questionnaire review / finetuning expectations
• Identifying forms of online and blended learning
• Structuring online teaching and learning
• Designing activating activities
• Structuring online discussions for convergent and divergent thinking
• Analysing and developing a variety of clip types (e.g presentation, instructional, schoolboard, knowledge, smartphone based)
• Designing collaborative activities
• Exploring mobile based activities
• Analysing and developing flipping-the-language classroom strategies
• Structuring lessons, modules & projects
• Writing web instructions
• Monitoring progress, tools and procedures to support formative assessment activities and giving feedback, online coaching
• Using / integrating Open Educational Resources
• Developing and supporting student literacies and motivation for online learning
• Teacher visibility (communication strategies, contact moments, online coaching)
• Online assessment & testing
• Designing (components for) a (micro) teaching unit for local practice
*(Optional) Break-out session
• Finishing materials & micro teaching unit
• Presenting & reviewing materials
• Briefing on follow-up activities (*blended format), strategies for further professional development and sharing your know-how & ideas within your school)
• Course wrap-up and evaluation
Click here for the General TELLConsult Course Terms (registration procedures, costs, cancellation, etc…)