Course nr: #14: Tablets for classroom differentiation and inclusion
Amsterdam: 17 -22 October
(On request. Pls contact us admin AT tellconsult.eu)
This course has been designed for teachers & teacher educators in primary, secondary and vocational education who are – or are interested to start – using mobile devices (tablets, smartphones etc) for teaching and learning and want to learn more about tools and methodologies to address classroom differentiation and inclusion issues with the help of tablets.
This course aims to:
- familiarise participants with the TABLIO differentiation model
- develop teachers competences to analyse related mobile learning lesson plans and practice recordings
- develop participants’ skills involved in designing mlearning scenarios supporting classroom differentiation & inclusion
- raise participants’ awareness of available (assistive) technologies with a focus on inclusion
- further develop relevant teachers competences and confidence in using mobile devices in education
- familiarise delegates with strategies to promote sustainable implementation of mobile technologies in their schools
The course activities include short tutor-led presentations to introduce project results including differentiation strategies, models and design methods, demonstrations of exemplary learning practices and useful apps followed-up with discussions about pedagogical related topics.
Furthermore, hands-on activities carried out by participants individually, in pairs and/or small groups which include exploring apps, analyzing classroom practices and designing learning arrangements & related content to be used in participants’ personal school contexts.
To address the anticipated variety in participants’ interests and needs (in terms of tools, pedagogical approach, target groups and individual technology skills level) most course tasks are designed in such a way that they can lead to differentiated relevant learning experiences and outcomes.
To provide flexible access to course related tasks and resources a virtual learning environment (VLE) will be used. After-course access is offered to promote follow-up communication and collaborative learning when exchanging redesigned local practice experiences and materials.
Delegates are requested to bring subject book(s) and/or related digital materials (if available) to be used when creating customised materials and activities.
- Arrival participants
- Greet & Meet
- Cultural Event
- Introduction to mobile learning and sharing related experiences
- TABLIO Differentiation Model explored & analysed on the basis of selected Good Practice cases
- How to define a design challenge
- Introduction to design methodolgy (Addie)
- Analysing Examples (challenge – realised results)
- Starting to develop teaching scenarios
- Exploring (subject specific) apps for differentiation purposes
- Models for evaluating Tablet use for innovative practices developed in related EU projects (SAMR, iPAC Framework, Deimp principles
- Reviewing draft designs developed so far
- Finishing scenario descriptions + related content development
- Piloting & Sharing scenarios
- Peer Assessing & Reflecting on Materials
- Sharing scenarios
- Suggestions for resources & strategies for further personal/collaborative professional development with a focus on mobile learning and assistive technologies to support inclusion
- Strategies and tools to support local strategies for sustainable implementation of mobile learning including: Teacher Design Teams development
- Course evaluation
- Certificates and Event wrap-up.